Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Essie 'Too Too Hot'

Hellooooo! I was on vacation last week (I went to Miami) and I spent at least a week trying to decide what I wanted to wear as my vacation mani. I went back and fourth with a ton of colors but finally chose Essie's 'Too Too Hot' from the Brazillient collection.

'Too Too Hot' is a corally red creme with orange undertones. It doesn't pull entirely red, orange or coral. It's somewhere in the middle of the three. I really love it and would recommend it to anyone. The formula is fantastic and easy to work with. I got 4 days out of this polish before it chipped (which is a really long time for my nails).

The photo below is two coats of 'Too Too Hot' and a coat of Seche Vite.
Sorry for the single swatch photo. I did my mani about 15 minutes before going to bed and had to get up the next early morning to catch my flight (I am NOT a morning person). By the time I realized I only had 1 photo it was too late to take more due to wear.

Miami was gorgeous. I got lucky with the weather for the most part (except for my second to last day when it poured) but when I went to South Beach they had an insane amount of jellyfish in the water due to Hurricane Irene off the coast. I give anyone who lives down there credit - I felt like I was melting away under the sun.

My last day we stopped at Dania Beach right outside of the Ft Lauderdale airport and it was AMAZING, and there were no jellyfish. I wish we would have went there first! I was so sad to get on the plane and come back to NY. NY water looks nothing like this LOL.

Like any nail polish hoarder I did look for polish while in FL. Just in case you live locally or are planning a trip here are my reviews:
**Lucky Nail Supply in Miami -- I had some luck with HTFs. The guy there was super nice and knowledgeable. When I asked him about some HTFs he tried looking them up for me on the internet. Their prices were unbeatable.
**FL Hollywood Nail Supply -- (Miami and Pembroke Pines locations) Had less luck than expected. The first one I went to was in Pembroke Pines and on the phone they told me they closed at 6pm and I got there at 5:20 and they were rushing me out of the door. The staff at the Miami location was friendlier but I still had no luck finding HTFs. I did pick up some Color Clubs I was missing. Also discounted (about half price) 
**Flamingo Beauty Supply in Doral -- Had luck here. I found an OPI 'Unripened' mini! They had all of the new collections but they were full retail value. I asked about the Essie Northfork Collection and they were happy to help me look. They had a ton of polish, mostly OPI and Essie. They had a rack of China Glaze and Color Club but it wasn't much.

I've come to the conclusion that I am extremely spoiled to have 8ty8 (www.8ty8beauty.com) only 15 minutes away from my house. Nothing beats that place or the collections there. Last time I went with my best friend we went with a list and spent 2 hours (and $400) there.


1 comment:

  1. Uh, I am totally going to Long Island just to visit 8ty8!

    ReplyDelete