Wednesday, October 12, 2011

OPI DS Ruby

Hi there! Today's post is on OPI's DS Ruby. I've had this for quite a while and never got around to trying it. When it comes to reds, I'm not a big red fan. In my entire polish stash I probably only have about 15 reds and about 3/4 of those are untried.

DS Ruby is a holographic polish that only packs a punch in the sun. Indoors this looked like a shimmer polish. I wouldn't even call this a "ruby" red as it has some strong pink undertones. I'm a little disappointed. I don't hate it, but I don't know when I'll reach for this again. I know it's HTF and discontinued, so that may be the only reason I hang on to it. I didn't even bother to take indoor photos because they really didn't show much.

The photos below are 2 coats of DS Ruby, a coat of Seche Vite, and a third coat of DS Ruby.



3 comments:

  1. Hmm. Even if you're not wild about it, it looks good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like this color for fall and think it's really flattering with your skintone. I have a love/hate relationship with rose gold kinda colors, but I think the holo makes it fresh.

    amandalandish.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I guess I'll have to wear it again soon ;)

    ReplyDelete