Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NYX Girls Dorothy

Helllllooooo there :)  Today I have only 1 swatch for you, but I'm not happy with the photos I have so I'm just going to share the only one I'm happy with. It's NYX Girls Dorothy, which is said to be a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Ruby Red Slippers. There's nothing more that I love then finding a dupe for an expensive polish.

NYX Girls Dorothy has small round and larger hex red glitter in a charcoal/black polish. I needed three coats to get the base to the deep base shown here. The formula was tricky, but nothing terrible.

The swatch below is three coats of Dorothy and one coat of Seche Vite.

4 comments:

  1. i think your picture looks nice, thats a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Lipp dupes! :D This one is great! The glitter is so glowy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love black with colored glitter. I'm also really loving the fact that the base gets dark enough after 3 coats to not have to layer. I never understood the hype with Deborah Lipmann because it just seems she produces glitter, not polish. Your swatch has convinced me to add this NYX color to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete