Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's been one of those weeks....

Sorry for missing a few days. I've been having one of those weeks (actually a week and a half) where I've felt uninspired and just 'blah'. I usually do all of my posts on Sunday evening for at least the week, and when I came up on Sunday to post I just couldn't focus. I also wore the same mani for FOUR days, which left me low on swatches. I never, ever wear a manicure that long. I'm lucky if I get 2 days out of a polish. I also had a serious nail break and I've had some splitting lately...so I've been nubbinized to the max! My cuticles have also become dry again so my swatches aren't where I would like them to be.

I decided last Saturday to reorganize my polish, hoping it would get me inspired. I had (1) Helmer and polish literally all over the place (dresser, night stand, piles in the corners of my room, in bags, etc) and upon doing so I found that I needed a second Helmer, which made me more aggrivated as a ton of my stash is still untried.  I did a quick count and got to 563 and got a little overwhelmed, so I stopped counting lol. I'm "trying" to put myself on a no-buy until November (ChG 3D Glitters, hello!) but I'm still stalking every local store for the WnW On The Prowl collection. I can't leave a store empty handed - I feel like they will think I'm stealing (crazy, no?) so I've gotten 10+ new polishes this week on my lunch breaks alone.

I'll be back tomorrow with a live post, and things will be back to normal this week :)
I schedule my posts for 9am but I'm thinking of moving the time up...we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the blah and the nubbins, but I've given up on On the Prowl and just helled out for the Nubar Black Polka Dot. Oooh, and I'm sending you an e-mail with a seeeecret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are long though, I highly doubt they are that very nubby lol. I can't wait till you swatch Nubar BPD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant to say shelled out, lol. And yes, we are now nubbin twins--have you seen my latest post?

    ReplyDelete