Sunday, October 2, 2011

Color Club Get Your Le-Mon & The Lime Starts Here

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I don't want it to end. I spent yesterday looking for some new nail polish (what happen to my no-buy?) and I found a pleasant surprise. Over at Spaz&Squee, she reviewed three holographic polishes from The Face Shop, and I had to have them. I went to The Face Shop in Flushing, where they only had the red polish, but I jumped on it. I paid $8.00 for the bottle. I'm so excited, and I'm thinking of calling The Face Shop in Manhattan to see if they have the others before I drive out there. I walked around Flushing for a little while, hoping to find more Korean polishes....and I found a display of SCANDAL nail polish! I first saw Scandal on Nailderella's blog and I fell in love with Mirage Pink, which I was able to score for $6.99. I'm so excited to wear it!

Other than that, today I have two swatches from Color Club's Wicked Sweet Collection. I'm showing both at one time because I want to reswatch Get Your Lem-On over white. I found the Wicked Sweet Collection in Ross (Lawrenceville, NJ) for $7.99. They are scented neon polishes and the colors are great!

First up is Get Your Le-Mon:


Get Your Le-Mon is basically highlighter yellow, and I love it! This is three coats on it's own. I I plan on swatching this over white, to see if the color pops more. Formula was easy to work with, but obviously sheer. When I first started swatching these I forgot they were scented. This one does smell similar to lemons.

Next up is The Lime Starts Here:




The Lime Starts Here  is a great lime green. This one is obviously scented like limes. Formula was ok, this is three coats on it's own. It look pretty streaky in the photos, if I were to wear it again I would most likely try it over white as well.

I hate how the nails on my non-dominant hand are SO much worse than the nails on my dominant hand. On my left hand my nails always break and split! I would swatch my dominant hand all of the time, but as you can see my pinky likes to hide lol.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment