Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rant: When will people stop testing the polishes in the stores?!?!

Hey ladies! I need a place to rant about this and I figured I would do it on my blog, because I'm sure we've all seen it and been extremely annoyed about it since we're all polish lovers.

Since I'm polished obsessed I spend a ton of time standing in front of the polish displays looking at what's available. I wish the general public would STOP TESTING THE NAIL POLISHES IN THE STORE. Unless the bottle says TESTER on it, why would you? It's extremely annoying to me, especially if I'm interested in buying a polish.

I was at Target today looking at what they had when the girl next to me tested five different Essies. In the past I've watched a mother give her daughter a full manicure, only to leave the cap 1/2 off and walk away. I've seen a woman swatch it on her toes in CVS. I've seen it at Walgreens. I've seen someone test the OPI polishes at the front display in Ulta, with store staff standing right there saying nothing. I think I'm pretty easy going, but this really makes my blood boil. This isn't Sephora, where they have the tester bottles.

I've personally never tested the polishes. I'm sure if I had, I would have saved a couple of hundred dollars on polishes I don't necessarily love. I'm starting to wish that polishes come sealed!  Does anyone else share the same feelings on this?

6 comments:

  1. Oh that annoys me SOOO Much too! The worst I've seen is in walmart where people also swatch the colors all over the runner where the prices are listed...it's so gross! And the store doesn't come clean it off for weeks and weeks! bottles everywhere, loose caps, etc. Ugh! People are so inconsiderate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when I buy one of the bottles someone has sloppily used! ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree..it is really gross that people do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it's annoying. I tend to reach all the way in the back when I buy polish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This totally drives me nuts! I hate seeing all the nail polish swatches all over the displays, price runners and other bottles! S\people are so rude and gross!

    ReplyDelete