Sunday, September 25, 2011

L'Oreal Waters Edge

Good Morning Ladies. I can rest easy now, I am now the proud owner of L'Oreal Waters Edge....which is a 100% dupe of my one time top lemming Essie Greenport. I don't know what I was doing when Essie released their Northfork Collection in 2009. Being that I'm from Long Island and about 40 minutes from the Northfork, you would think that I would have jumped on it. I didn't, and I regretted it for a long time. After some serious Google investigations I found that I also missed out on L'Oreal's Passport to Paradise collection in the summer of 2010 which was a re-release of the Northfork collection under L'Oreal. Waters Edge is an exact dupe for Greenport. YAY!

Waters Edge is a gorgeous teal/aqua creme. Formula on this took a little getting use to. I dislike how short the L'Oreal brush is and felt I had to really dip deep into the neck of the bottle to get any polish on the brush. The first coat was streaky and I found I had to apply thicker coats to get full color. I was able to get it down pat in 2 coats. I don't mind the extra work, because look at the color!  :)

The swatches below are two coats of Waters Edge and a coat of Seche Vite.




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's so fun to get your paws on a long-time lemming, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It sure is! One down, about a hundred to go lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful color I can see why the Essie was a long time lemming.

    ReplyDelete