Monday, September 26, 2011

Comparison Post: OPI My Chihuahua Bites vs Essie Too Too Hot vs OPI Cajun Shrimp

Good morning! Today I have a comparison post for you. I've been meaning to post this for a while now but always end up writing up a different post. When looking in my stash I found three colors that are super close....all coral toned reds, so I figured I would swatch them for a comparison post.

For comparison we have:
OPI My Chihuahua Bites  vs.  Essie Too Too Hot  vsOPI Cajun Shrimp



Not 100% dupes but they are all really close.

I examined these under my bathroom lights and came to the following conclusions:
The closest to being dupes are the two OPIs.
OPI My Chihuahua Bites is more pink toned than OPI Cajun Shrimp.
The darkest of the trio is Essie Too Too Hot.
OPI Cajun Shrimp & OPI My Chihuahua Bites are more orange than Essie Too Too Hot.
Essie Too Too Hot has the strongest red undertones of the bunch.
OPI Cajun Shrimp & My Chihuahua Bites have the same formula.
Essie Too Too Hot is more 'squishy' feel to the formula (which may be my favorite).

Do I need all three? Absolutely not. If I were going to swap one it would be one of the OPIs, most likely My Chihuahua Bites as much as I love the name. If the world was coming to an end and I could only keep one it would be Essie Too Too Hot.




2 comments:

  1. extremely helpful review. Thanks so very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to do this comparison myself in the store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete