Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Patriotic Mani

Morning! It's another Twinsie Tuesday. Today's theme is a patriotic mani. I had my weeks messed up and almost painted and posted the wrong mani for today. Thankfully Anna saved me from doing so when she mentioned something about her patriotic mani last night. (Thanks again Anna!) So, long story short. It's after 12:30am and I had to cheat. I went out to dinner straight from work and came home late and didn't have time to start fresh, so I went right over my existing manicure of China Glaze Sea Spray.

My base color is two coats of China Glaze Sea Spray. I got out your average sewing needle and made dots using Bettina Glamour Chic, Jordana White and China Glaze Calypso Blue. I topped everything off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy dust to represent the stars on our flag. I also had to nubbinize this past weekend :::sigh:::




I thought I was going to hate this and only planned on doing the 4 nails that I photograph, but I ended up loving it and now I'm sporting a full mani with this. My dots aren't all the same color but it's late and I'm tired, so I'm going to use that as my excuse lol.

I hope that everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!

Don't forget to check out my Twinsies!

Amanda at Amandalandish
Anna at Going to the Showing
Anne at Grape Fizz Nails
Ashley at Art Evolve
Brandi at The Collegiate Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Cordia at Srsly Swatched
Jenn at All That is Gorgeous...
Jenna at I'm Still Thinking...
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Nory at Fierce Makeup and Nails
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Tara at Polishy of Truth

15 comments:

  1. I love the grey base for this! Happy fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never ever would have guessed that this was last minute. such a stunning mani and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love that it is patriotic but not literal - the grey does it for me. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mani! I love the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!! Have a wonderful Independence Day!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute!! I love it and very patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the base and this turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the base colors is pretty! love the dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute, love the polka dots. And I like the new look of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!!! Especially with the added sparkle ;0).

    ReplyDelete