Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Essie Island Hopping

Hey all! Happy Wednesday! I'm glad to be half way through the week, and this much closer to the weekend. Today is my 9th Anniversary with my boyfriend, so after work we are headed out to dinner. 8:30-5:30 today will be crunch time at work, I need to get out on time today lol.

Today I have one of my oldest Essie polishes for you, Island Hopping. Essie's website describes Island Hopping as a rich plum mauve. At times this looks purple, then it leans taupe, then a grayish purple. It's pretty unique in my stash. I wish I still had OPI Parlez-Vous OPI to compare this to, but I sold it a few months ago. The formula was a little thinner than usual, but I was able to get this opaque in two coats.

The photos below show 2 coats of Island Hopping, topped off with Seche Vite...





Sorry my middle nail isn't 100% smooth. I bumped it three times during the dry time, and after fixing it 3 times I gave up! I guess I had left some older polish on my nail bed and it didn't dry 100% smooth.

Thanks for stopping by today :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I have Parlez-Vous OPI and this is waaay warmer and more brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Amanda - OPI Parlez-Vous OPI is way different than this - it's much warmer. I can wear the OPI but I know I could never pull off this Essie shade well. It would make my skin tone look ruddy, esp the skin right near my nails. This shade has a red base to it from how it's looking in photos and my monitor is is commercial graphic high end with about every kind of adust/setting/correction there is on it.

    9 years is really something! Well past that 3-4 yr point and again as some say the 7 yr itch point. Congrats on a great aniv.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun celebrating!! This is a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete