Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Best Deal Polish

Good Morning! This week's theme is our best deal polish. Coincidentally, I went to Walgreens Sunday evening and I picked up ten of the Sinful Colors polishes that are on sale this week for $0.99. How can you beat a polish for $0.99? You can't even get a pack of Trident for that price anymore.

One of the polishes I picked up was Unicorn, a light yellow creme. This one only be worth $0.99 though as I had some issues with application. The first coat was streaky and while the second one seemed to even it out, it began to bubble like crazy. You can see the bubbling in the photos and this wasn't even half as bad as what it turned out to be. I didn't even attempt a third coat. I also found that this particular polish from Sinful isn't self leveling. I have a few other Sinful polishes that had better formula than this.

So while this may not be my "best" polish, it's my best deal polish....



Womp Womp. In an attempt to hide the bubbles I threw a coat of Icing Pre Game over it. An hour into work, this happen...


Not a good quality photo, but you get the idea. By 11am I had lost three entire nails in sheets. It had bubbled so much that the underside of the polish that came off my nails looked like it had been poked about a hundred times.

The Twinsie Tuesday girls do have some exciting news....we have a new Twinsie and she's fab! Welcome Maribeth from Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite! Her blog is awesome and so are her swatches. I'm happy she has joined us.  :)


Amanda at Amandalandish
Ashley at Art Evolve
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Srsly Swatched
 


15 comments:

  1. Ugh, bad polish if the whole thing pops off. Good deal, but not worth it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I hate bubbles! Sucks that this was being all evil on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, when the whole thing comes off that's never a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to try Unicorn! I still would for that price, bubbling and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I'm laughing at the three ladies above me for all staring their comment with "Ugh" lol. I want to love Unicorn so much, because the name and the color is so awesome. But I had this SAME problem with it! So annoying! I liked the glitter you put over it, but I always have the same problem at work. Although it sucks to be in public with a nail missing any kind of nail polish, it's also awesome when you don't have to remove glitter, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that is unfortunate! UGH! ;-)

    So I got this polish on Copious because I can never find it in store. It was listed for a RIDICULOUS price, 5 BUCKS, but since I had credits I paid 1 cent. Which come to think of it, I now have 4 polishes like that. I really should have used one of those for today. Oh well!

    But I have been hearing so much about application of this one it is making me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a pretty color, but too bad the formula gave you some problems. It looks awesome with Icing with Pregame on top though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a beautiful color, that totally sucks about the formula. Bummer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had the same problems too! So sad for such a pretty shade of yellow!! Tara, I was thinking the same thing...I should have used one of the Copious polishes I received for best deal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't have that problem with mine, but I had also forgot to mention to you that I added thinner to mine. $.99 is still a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I gotta retest mine. Awful about the formula but yay for not removing glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a stunning yellow!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this color looks adorable on you! Shame about the formula though. My bottle is still in my untrieds so I wonder if my formula will be the same way... That layering is phenomenal btw! I loooveee it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww bummer. I just picked this up too and I was really hoping I'd like it. :(

    ReplyDelete