Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Tape Mani

This week's theme made me shudder. Tape mani? Ugh! I'm artistic on paper but on my nails I have very little to no artistic abilities. I put this off for as long as possible. I googled numerous 'tape mani' photos and I knew I wouldn't be able to do 95% of them, so I decided to go as basic as possible. I finally decided I couldn't put it off anymore around 10pm last night, so I went right over my current mani because I figured it would be a fail and I would have to do it all over again. Surprisingly, it wasn't a complete fail. Sure....it was the simplest tape mani on the planet but I almost wanted to high five myself.

For a base I used three coats of Layla Mermaid Spell and I did one coat of China Glaze Calypso Blue and topped it all with a thick coat of Seche Vite. I could have used a second coat of Calypso Blue but in person it's deep and looks completely opaque.




Not the best....but I'm ok with it lol. You can see some areas where my line isn't crisp but it's a start. I actually decided to keep this as a mani and I did my right hand, which didn't come out as ok.

I'm excited to see what the other Twinsie Tuesday girls come up with. We have quite a few girls who are SO talented when it comes to nail art.

Amanda at Amandalandish
Anna at Going to the Showing
Anne at Grape Fizz Nails
Ashley at Art Evolve
Brandi at The Collegiate Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Jenn at All That is Gorgeous...
Jenna at I'm Still Thinking...
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Nory at Fierce Makeup and Nails
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch

12 comments:

  1. Katherine, that's amazing! Pretty good for a 10 pm mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great!!! I love the colors you chose. I give you a high five too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I this this looks awesome! The Calypso Blue actually looks like a jelly in the pictures. Simple, but dramatic. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the way this turned out! these colors together are beautiful. I also love that you used a jelly for the second color. And I know how you feel about feeling pressured and doing manicures late at night, I'm the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! It is so beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These blues look so perfect together. High 5!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I LOVE silver and blue together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job, and I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE silver & blue together so I LOVE this! Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete