Friday, April 13, 2012

Nail-Venturous Orange You Unique?

Happy Friday!! I have another indie polish for today's post. I purchased Nail-Venturous Orange You Unique when I bought Floam from Ninja Polish. I had seen a few swatches on this and I really liked just how unique it really is. Unfortunately, this didn't really work for my skin tone.

Orange You Unique has tiny matte yellow, white and blue glitter in a sheer orange base. I hesitate to call the base orange, because against my skin tone this came off as more peach than anything. I saw the clashing when I was putting down the first coat, so I stopped at the second. From a distance the orange/peach base blends into my skin. I am cool toned but I do have some red in my hands.





Thoughts and opinions? I know this isn't the absolute worst, but I feel I can't really pull it off. This would probably look great on someone with a tan.

What is everyone wearing for the weekend? I'm rocking Lynnderella Forget You Not. I have to remember to take photos before it chips lol.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :)

8 comments:

  1. ugh jealous!! i've been lusting after these nail-venturous polishes! i think it looks so stinking cool, i love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm still ready to stalk a bottle of Humble Bee lol

      Delete
  2. I am with you, on me I don't think it would look great, but I still love it! I haven't decided yet as to what I will wear this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love oranges I can't always pull them off :(

      Delete
  3. The polish is awesome but sometimes I also find it hard to wear certain shades of orange. One thing I try is to move the orange color lower on the nail, so using it as a gradient at the tips or as part of a french manicure or as part of a design, anything so it isn't the first color at the cuticle line, if it's down a little farther with a more complementary color above it I find that helps it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! I never thought about using this as a gradient. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Zoya Arizona will be complimentary on me when I finally buy it lol

      Delete
  4. i love it actually! im dying to get my hands on a couple of these but no luck ;(....rock it girl, it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh i love this! i'm not sure if it would work for my skintone either, but its so cool looking :D

    ReplyDelete