Sunday, November 20, 2011
The Versatile Blogger Award
I've had a crazy weekend, to end a crazy week. I've worked basically a 50 hour week on top of being sick still so I haven't been on the computer in a few days. When I signed on to pay a bill yesterday, I saw an email from Amanda at Amandalandish nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
I'm so honored to receive this from Amanda, because her blog is great! I love her swatches, her reviews, basically everything about her blog is fantastic. She's so fun to talk to about nail polish and everything! The fact that she nominated me for this award means a lot! Thank you Amanda! <3
I then got a second email from Heather at ThePolishedPanda letting me know she nominated me for the award as well. I'm touched! Her blog is also a ton of fun, I found her through Amanda sometime last week and I've enjoyed looking at her swatches.
Check these ladies out if you already haven't!
As a winner, my duties are:
- List 7 things about myself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
Here we go....
Seven Things About Myself:
1. I'm a closet blogger. I don't let anyone know that I'm doing this. The only people who know are my best friend, my boyfriend and my mom. The only reason my mom knows if because she figured it out! I just think people won't understand unless they are into nail polish.
2. I feel insecure about my blog sometimes. I schedule all of my posts ahead of time, and sometimes doing 7 posts on a Sunday night is tiring and I miss little details. I always check after 9am to make sure my scheduled post actually posts, and sometimes I see a photo of how dry my skin is or sloppy swatches and I cringe! I appreciate all of the comments my followers leave me, it means a lot!
3. A clean up brush and acetone are not my friend! I've ruined manicures trying to clean up, and made more of a mess. Instead I have to be SUPER careful.
4. I am a shopaholic. Even if I don't necessarily need something, I always make a run to the store.
5. I don't eat meat. I haven't in 8 years, but the term 'vegetarian' makes me a little uneasy for some reason. I don't eggs or some other vegetarian fare, so I don't like to be thrown into that category. I also don't look like your typical twiggy vegetarian lol.
6. I drive a blue Volkswagen Jetta that I absolutely love! Our 5 year anniversary was in September and we hit 90,000 miles this weekend. My dream car is an Audi IS4, white exterior, black interior, fully loaded of course!
7. I would like to visit Ireland, Germany and Ukraine one day. My mother's side of the family is Irish and German, and my father's side is Irish and Ukrainian. I would like to see where my ancestors originated. (Of course, while I'm over there I'd like to visit at least 10 other countries lol)
The bloggers I'm passing the award on to:
Addicted to OPI
Bubbles & Baubles
Colores de Carol
I Drink Nail Polish
Owls & Nail Polish
Thank you to everyone who has followed me on my blogging journey <3
Also - I changed the color of the blog background from pink to blue. Pink was too summery, and I felt a change was needed. Thoughts?