Friday, November 18, 2011

Misa Gray Matters

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a good week. Any fun plans for the weekend? Since I was stuck inside last weekend with a cold, I plan on taking a road trip this weekend with my boyfriend (ex: looking up polish supply stores and heading in that direction lol). Luckily, he's a good sport about it. He used to come dusty hunting because I told him Essie Starry Starry Night sold for over $100 on Ebay (I would never give it up if I got my hands on it LOL)

I've always had a thing for Gray, but I've never met a gray like this. Today I have Misa's Gray Matters. Gray Matters is a medium gray with the most amazing finish. It has small silver and small dark gray (maybe black?) micro pieces, so it comes off looking speckled. This was so gorgeous I couldn't stop staring at my nails.

The formula was great and completely opaque in 2 coats. I put a coat of Seche Vite on this and went to bed. When I got up the next morning, I noticed that 1/2 of my left pointer finger was coming up. I stuck it back down with Seche Vite and went over it again. I figured it was just a fluke thing. Throughout the day, this continued to happen. By 10pm, I was all peeled and chipped like I've never seen before. I don't know if my top coat was bad, if I had lotion on before I painted, etc. but I was stunned. I'm definitely not blaming the polish yet, but I'm going to have to try it again.

The photos below are two coats of Gray Matters and a coat of Seche Vite.
See the speckles?!?!



On a side note, I think I found my holy grail treatment. Notice how long my nails are getting?
I'm waiting for them to break any minute now, and they haven't. Nailtek Foundation II is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I used to use OPI Nail Envy but my nails would have broken and peeled at least a week ago with Nail Envy.
I've been really bad lately and have been peeling my polish off on the drive home from work (almost daily) to save time, and they still aren't splitting, peeling, cracking, breaking, etc. When I make a fist I feel my nail tips, that's something I'm not used to!
I think I'm converted for life!
Buh-Bye Nail Envy! Helllooooo Nailtek <3 <3 <3

3 comments:

  1. First of all, AMAZING grey! The chipping though majorly sucks.

    Secondly, congratulations! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Check it out here: http://amandalandish.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    You totally deserve it, Katherine! Much love x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I bet that would really look like concrete with a matte topcoat!

    And where does one get Nailtek?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amanda, again!! You totally made my day, I couldn't get on the computer quick enough to say thank you. I appreciate it! xoxo

    Jammies, I got this at 8ty8, but I've also seen it at Ulta. It's fantastic! I don't have any matte topcoats, but I may need to pick one up now :)

    ReplyDelete