Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Nails Day # 5. China Glaze Mrs.Claus

Happy Wednesday! Today is day # 5 of the holiday manis, and today I have China Glaze's Mrs.Claus for you. I'm sure most of you know this polish, and the fact that it is a dupe for OPI DS Bold (but, it was out before and it was the original lol)
Mrs.Claus is what I would consider a washed out red. The color is somewhere between red and pink. The base is a jelly and it's packed with red glitter pieces. Formula was easy to work with, and I only needed two coats to get it opaque. I did find that the wear on this was pretty bad, which is something I normally don't experience with China Glaze. I put this on my nails around 1am, and before I went out the next day I had lost an entire nail. I spent the day at the mall and the night in NYC, and by the time I got home 6 out of 10 fingers were chipped badly. I really thought I would love this polish, but I'm a little disappointed. Someone in the stores commented on my nails, and I actually thought about reaching in my bag, grabbing Mrs.Claus and gifting it to them LOL.

The photos below show 2 coats of Mrs.Claus and a coat of Seche Vite. This was a little difficult to photograph, as my camera wanted to show it more red than it was IRL. I couldn't get a lot of accurate pics, which explains the lack of multiple angles :0/



The missing polish. This is how clean it came off. Don't mind the tear with Glittering Garland stuck in it.
I'm going to have a nubbin soon  :***(


1 comment: