Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - A Polish The Same Color As Our Car (Orly Lunar Eclipse)

Good Morning everyone! I've been pretty excited for today's Twinsie Tuesday theme since the day we received the email giving us our weekly themes. Today's theme is a polish that is the same color as our car. While I can be a girly girl, I absolutely love my car and I have absolutely no problem wrecking a mani if I'm scrubbing my wheels or waxing my car. I drive a Volkswagen Jetta in Blue Shadow.

I picked up Orly Lunar Eclipse due to the fact that I fell in love with the color, but it wasn't until I was putting shopping bags in my car that I realized that Lunar Eclipse is the perfect match to my car. Of course, my car doesn't have the glitter that is packed into the Orly but the color is pretty spot on in the sun.

Lunar Eclipse is a gorgeous medium blue with purple-pink and blue microglitter mixed in. The purple-ish pink microglitter is so amazing in the bottle, but much more subtle on the nail. I could barely pick up the pink microglitter in my swatch pic, sorry about that! The formula on this is pretty sheer. I needed three coats for the photo below and I think it could have used a fourth. I also found that this polish takes a little longer to dry. I'll never forget the first time I wore this; I went out right after and had dents everywhere lol. With all of that being said, it's an amazing polish!


Here's the car for reference. You can't really see the color since this was taken about 50' away with my cell camera (I was aiming for storm clouds)

 
I'm curious to see if any of my twinsies drive a blue car. Be sure to check them out here:
 
Ashley at Art Evolve
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It

39 comments:

  1. This color is gorgeous!! Love the car too, hubby has a blue Jetta as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue car owner right here!! Wooooooo! Love this mani ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at that blue when I bought my Jetta! (an 05 turbo, last before the body change) But, I did not get it because I have bad memories of blue cars and got the glossy black with the upgraded silver trim! Ohhh how I babied that thing! I only got rid of it 2 years ago and it was a VERY sad day...I only did it (and got my jeep) because I never wanted Dave's kids or our dogs in it because it was ALL black interior, black leather that was in perfect condition, and I hated how you know, kids and dogs are messy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaat??!?! ::high five:: I've always known you were awesome and here's even more proof! lol. I don't blame you for not wanting the kids or the dogs in it. When I have to put my dog in the car I cover the leather with towels and sheets lol. Mine is 06' with all black interior - so we basically had the same car interior lol

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous blue!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for dark blue cars! I love my blue car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I think I'd want a blue car, I love the color

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, and I am the same way with my car - I don't mind messing up my mani, as long as its cleaned and waxed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this blue is amazing! Even if the purple/pink is on the subtle side, the shimmer is incredible. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a good match! Love that color, I have always loved blue colors for cars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color, love your car, and love this on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your car is sooo cute and Lunar Eclipse is gorgeous! I'd like a blue car someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That color is amazing! And thats a cute little car!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this weird phobia of blue cars...have had it for years! Lunar Eclipse is a lovely color though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh! I wouldn't be able to drive you around in this car lol. Thanks!!

      Delete