Monday, September 10, 2012

OPI Swimsuit Nailed It

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a good weekend. For today's post I have a polish that I bought, sold, and then bought again. I loved this color but read such horrible reviews about staining during removal, that I decided to purge this during a blog sale without even trying it. Every time I saw a swatch of this polish I regretted my decision. Finally, when I ran back into this face to face I decided to go for it. I'm so glad I did.

OPI Swimsuit Nailed It might just be my favorite new blue. It's a very vibrant blue foil that is drop dead gorgeous. I put this on last Tuesday and wore it until Sunday night - which is a record breaker for me. The formula was fantastic and this was completely opaque in two coats. I'm happy to report that with two coats of a base coat (NailTek and Instant Artificials) I had absolutely no staining. This also wore like iron for the entire length that I decided to keep it on.



I also used Swimsuit Nailed It as a base for one of my absolute favorite glitters, but I think I'm going to save that for another post :)

Does anyone else have Swimsuit Nailed It? Has anyone avoided this due to the reviews on staining?

17 comments:

  1. I initially passed on this when it came out, but found a few bottles in a beauty supply store recently (didn't get them) and I keep thinking about it! I need to go back...I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maribeth! You do *need* to go back! I also purchased this from a supply store, but I would easily pay full price for this - it's that great! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've ever avoided wearing a polish because of staining issues, especially if it's as gorgeous as this one!!! I can't believe I don't have this yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gosia! Sometimes I don't want to deal with the staining so I hold off on using a polish. I should have went with my better judgement and used this a long time ago :) If you see this one, grab it!

      Delete
  3. I don't have a stain issue with this one...but then I rarely get staining. I hydrate my nails chronically and think that helps hold down staining. My all time fav base coat of Orly Nail Armor helps keep away the staining as well...and I always do 2 coats of it.

    I also came back to get this blue late spring 2012...had thought I had plenty of glass flecky blues I loved so passed on it first round...but it haunted me 'till I got it. It's not as in my face as some of my brighter glass fleck blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beachgal! My nails don't stain as easily as my cuticles and skin - which was my main concern. I'm going to look into Orly Nail Armor too the next time I'm at Sally's :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful color but I never understood the name. I feel like it's probably so obvious but I'm completely missing it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I never fully understood the name either....so maybe we are both missing it ;)

      Delete
  5. Ooh, that is really gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it so much that I have TWO bottles of it!! I have never seen staining on my fingers (my fingers never stain) but I do get bad staining on my toes. But I don't care, it's too pretty to care about the down side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I may have to get a second bottle as well. My toes are ALWAYS stained. I don't know why. I wore Essie Mojito Madness for about a week and they are still green 2-3 weeks later lol :)

      Delete
  7. This is really lovely...I love the glow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this. I think it's the most gorgeous polish I've ever seen. And I didn't have an issue with staining when I removed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beauty Ninja! I agree, this is one of the best polishes. It definitely makes it into my top 10 OPI polishes :)

      Delete