Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Fugly Polish (China Glaze Trendsetter)

Good morning! I hope that everyone had a fantastic Labor Day weekend! I was on the go all weekend and I have yet to catch up on blogs and my internet gossip sites. Today's theme was a fugly polish, which to me means pick a polish that is freakin' ugly! Right off the bat I knew which one I was picking for today....China Glaze Trendsetter.

China Glaze Trendsetter is one of those ugly, yet super unique polishes that I love to hate and hate to love. It's an olive green mixed with mustard yellow and some beautiful shimmer. Before buying this polish I went back and forth with whether or not I would ever wear this or if I could even pull this off on my skin tone. The selling point for me was that it was on the clearance rack at Sally's for $1.99. This has sat in my China Glaze drawer untried for months.

As quickly as I put this polish on is as quickly as I took it off. I felt like this just didn't work on me. The shimmer is gorgeous, but the color itself reminds me of the mushed peas in Gerber baby food. The photos below show three coats of Trendsetter with no top coat....



Yikes! I can assure you that this looks even worse in person on me  :0X

Be sure to check out the other Twinsies today, I'm curious to see if anyone else picked this polish...

Ashley at Art Evolve
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It

31 comments:

  1. A third Twinsie! You, Jenn, and Chelsea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite fugly polishes! I know its definitely an acquired taste though =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't do it. Maybe I'll try it again somewhere down the road, when I'm in a more forgiving mood :)

      Delete
  3. I don't think this looks bad on you at all! I really actually like it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks better in these photos than IRL though....lol :)

      Delete
  4. I'd never wear it, but I can see on some skins it would look nice - the shade in itself is amazing, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing shade for a shirt...or a sweater. On my nails I can't pull it off :0/

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You always look great with these yellow shades too :)

      Delete
  6. Love to hate and hate to love= exactly! I picked this one up and traded it away since I couldn't see myself actually wearing it! I do wish I tried it at least once though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you miss yours, I could always send you this one lol :)

      Delete
  7. Ugh, I just do not like this color. Not a fan of mustard colors at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, I just got this one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will look good on you. If not, give it to Boo lol

      Delete
  9. Ewww. It's just not pretty in any way! (to me anyways!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think youre the 3rd one this wk to use this one! (= Yay for Twinsies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should rename this post Triplet Tuesday lol :)

      Delete
  11. Ahahah another post with this one! :D Interesting colour, but it would look terribad on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ terribad. That's the perfect word for this!

      Delete
  12. Yeah, I think I should find this one and try it out for myself. I bet I'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try if you can get it for a good price :)

      Delete
  13. ha! it does look like Gerber food.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, another person who used Trendsetter! I actually love this polish, but I totally get why a lot of people hate it too. It's definitely a unique (for better or worse) color!

    ReplyDelete