Wednesday, September 5, 2012

OPI Sparkle-icious

Good morning ladies! I've been in the mood to go through all of the old polishes that I absolutely love and wear them again. I have a few that I like to 'save', since I'm concerned I may never be able to get another bottle. One of those polishes is OPI Sparkle-icious from the Burlesque collection.

I love love love Sparkle-icious. This is like Mardi Gras in a bottle. It consists of gold, blue and magenta glitter in a clear base. The formula on this polish runs on the thick side and takes three coats to become opaque. No matter how thin my coats are, I always have lifting/popping problems with glitter. I experimented this time and tried not wrapping my tips and it didn't help (so please excuse the tip wear).

Enough blabbing, onto Sparkle-icious greatness!




Does anyone else love this gem? I thought glitter half of the Burlesque collection was a complete win. I wish OPI would come out with more glitters similar to these. 

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE Sparkle-icious!! They really knocked this part of the collection out of the park! I still see these pop up in stores by me all the time =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I never see this shade anymore...it was LTD ed. I see it on secondary mkt and usually it has at least a $14 price tag on it...usually more like $20 -which if I did not own it I would probably pay $25 for it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jacqui! I'm shocked you still see this around. If you don't own this one, grab it quick! I need to come shopping by you! lol

      Beachgal - I agree. I would pay the $14-$25 for it if I had to. I'm trying to get this bottle to last for as long as possible...

      Delete
  2. This is up there 2nd in the list to OPI's Mad Hatter in my book. However unlike you, I don't want to see OPI do more glitters to the extent they did 'em in the Muppets and Burlesque line ups. I liked almost all of 'em in the burlesque collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this is high up on the list. Between Mad as a Hatter, Absolutely Alice and Sparkle-icious I don't know how I would pick a favorite. :)

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful. Do you think it is hard to find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ChiChi! I haven't seen it in stores since it was originally released. It does come up on Google, but for around $20-$25 :(

      Delete
  4. How have I never heard of this shade?? While it's a bit too glitzy for me, I can still appreciate how absolutely exquisite this glitter combo is. And this is just beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! While I don't normally favor gold, due to the fact it feels too glitzy and over the top, this is an amazing combo :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is lovely, we don't hear about this much which is a shame as it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazzqueen! I don't know why this isn't talked about as much as Mad as a Hatter. :)

      Delete
  6. This is really a pretty polish! I think the release must have been before I really got into polish, because I don't remember seeing this one anywhere O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! Keep your eyes open, you never know. I'm hopeful I'll run into more bottles one day....lol :)

      Delete