Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Polish The Color of Our Rooms! (Zoya Charisma)

Can you believe it's another Twinsie Tuesday already? Geeeesh! The weeks fly by. The theme for this week was a polish that's the same color as our room. Now that's an easy one. For a while I was obsessed with all things magenta. Believe it or not, my walls are magenta as well as a ton of other things within my room. I figured while I'm not married with no children I might as well do what I want (I pretty much always use this excuse, I'm thinking I may never have kids or get married lol).  I had a bunch of magenta/fuchsia nail polishes to pick from but I wanted to go with an untried.

The Zoya website described Charisma as an 'ultra bright neon fluorescent magenta/red-toned purple cream.' With all polishes this color, it did dry matte and needed a coat of Out the Door to gain any shine. 

Before I go any further I just want to apologize for these cruddy photos. Two cameras and two cell phone cameras later, I had the worst time trying to get this polish to photograph accurately. Also, since Seche Vite shrinks Zoya like crazy I've been using Out the Door top coat which I'm not liking much at all. I find Out the Door bubbles and I just find it very thin to begin with. It seems to photograph awful in all the photos I've used it for a well.

Ugh, without further ado......

Not color accurate

Not color accurate

Not color accurate


This is as close as I got, but my skintone is way off and my walls in the background look brown. What the hell Charisma?
Don't forget to check out the other Twinsies! I'm interested to see what everyone's room color is....

Amanda at Amandalandish
Anna at Going to the Showing
Anne at Grape Fizz Nails
Ashley at Art Evolve
Brandi at The Collegiate Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Cordia at Srsly Swatched
Jenn at All That is Gorgeous...
Jenna at I'm Still Thinking...
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Nory at Fierce Makeup and Nails
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Tara at Polishy of Truth

14 comments:

  1. This is a pretty awesome color for a room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color looks great on you!! Magenta is an awesome room color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would SO do my room like this if my husband would let me! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! Great wall color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome color for a room! <(~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I share your frustration with color accuracy this week! It's cool your room is that color though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful shade!!!!! I am sorry you don't like Out The Door, it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you have Magenta walls!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive been wanting Charisma! Its so pretty! I lvoe OTD but I also wish it was a bit thicker. And keep doing what you want! It wont be like that onve you get married and/or have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magenta walls, how cool! Out The Door bubbled on me too. I tried it for the same reasons you did but ultimately went back to Seche.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous polish!! That is so cool that your walls are magenta!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love that your walls are magenta! I have such a hard time getting a color accurate pic of magenta too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this color so hard. it's always a pain for me to photograph these too, haha. and this on walls! so cute!

    ReplyDelete