Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Half Moon Mani

Good Morning! Today's Twinsie Tuesday theme was a half moon mani using a neon and a pastel polish. I haven't had any prior experience with a half moon mani, and you will clearly see why. I can only apologize ahead of time for the mess that you are about to see. Everything about these manis is.....a hot mess.

They say humour lightens the mood.....


This is how I envision their torture from the attempts of a half moon mani.

I wanted to take a photo of the polishes I used and as I took their photo I thought about what they would say if they could talk, so this is what I came up with (I'm not insane, I swear lol)

Before I go any further, I just want to explain the mess. These were both done freehand. I was missing the little guides, and I tried to clean up some of the mess which in turn made it worse. My cuticles are a wreck and everything looks terrible. If this wasn't a TT theme I would have dumped these photos in the trash.

Attempt # 1:
Color Club Twiggie and Color Club Pink Rush

 

Pink Rush didn't photograph color accurate, at all. It's a bright neon pink, and here it looks very red toned. I tried with two different cameras and I still couldn't get these color accurate. I tried to draw a black line to even out some of my lines but then I thought I might be cheating and didn't want to do that to my twinsies. My bottle of Twiggie seemed to be a little streaky and watery, and Pink Rush also seemed much more watery than I recall. I should have rolled them to mix them prior to using them, which may have made this easier.

It reminded me of watermelon, so before I took it off I messed with it even further.....

Attempt # 2:
China Glaze Bahamian Escape and China Glaze Pool Party


This is all wrong. Pool Party is also a hot pink, and photographed terribly. I used three lumpy coats for Pool Party and two coats for Bahamian Escape, which was really beautiful on it's own.

So again I apologize for the mess that was placed in front of your eyes this week. Next week we have an easy theme that I'm looking forward to.
Don't forget to check the other ladies out! I'm sure they did a heck of a lot better than I did!


20 comments:

  1. OK, I am totally in love with the watermelons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are being to hard on yourself...I think both of these looked fine, plus I love the little melons :O) I also love the little picture you did, so funny. Now I am always gonna think of my polishes and the convos they are having, not to mention faces, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! Mine we definitely looking at me and saying WTF lol

      Delete
  4. uhm, you're delusional haha. these are both really great and so fun! i love the watermelon one:]

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU STOP IT! I loved everything about this post. Still laughing out loud at the first picture. Those manis are seriously adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I feel a little better about them now, but not enough to wear it in public lol

      Delete
  6. The little watermelons are ADORABLE! So going in the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too hard on yourself! I love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO at your picture of the polishes being "tortured." But girl, both of these are AMAZING!! Those watermelon nails are beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate it. I hate trying nail art haha

      Delete
  9. Dont be so hard on yourself. I think they both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I totally giggled at Polish Theatre. Stop being so hard on yourself, though! I especially like the first one, with the black lines to define the shape, and the watermelons you made with it are seriously cute! ^_^

    ReplyDelete