Monday, June 4, 2012

China Glaze DV8

Good Morning and happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Today I've got one of the older, discontinued polishes from the OMG Collection by China Glaze. I missed out on these when they originally came out, but after seeing them at a salon and falling in love I ended up buying most of them on Ebay.

DV8 is a bright teal polish with holo! I love holo. The formula on this one was so-so, I had a bit of a hard time getting it to be 100% smooth. You can tell in some of my photos that it's not the smoothest even after top coat. The first time I wore this I was left unimpressed. Even this time, I'm not sure I'm in love. I love teals, but this teal didn't seem to work too great for my skintone. Outdoors in direct sunlight it definitely leans more blue than green as far as teals go. Please excuse the chip on my ring finger as well. My nails were growing so well with Nailtek 2 and they've started to split again :(

For the photos below I used two coats of DV8 and a coat of Seche Vite.







Thoughts?



6 comments:

  1. I think it's lovely. I hope they make something just as lovely again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!!! What an awesome holo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous...I got into polish after these were long gone :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one. I missed out on all of them too and slowly buying them up along with the tronicas and kaleidoscopes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I owned some from this collection )= This one is stunning!

    ReplyDelete