Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Favorite Polish Brand (and China Glaze 2Nite)

Good Morning everyone! Today we have another Twinsie Tuesday post, the topic being our favorite nail polish brand. When I think of my favorite nail polish brands a few come to mind. Those are China Glaze, Color Club and OPI. For whatever reason, I haven't been posting many of those brands lately but I've felt the need to get back to basics lately so I'm reaching for some of my oldies. Picking a favorite brand wasn't easy, at all. There are so many good brands that deserve recognition.

When it comes to collections and colors, I really enjoy what China Glaze has to offer. Their cremes are perfection, their holos are holo, their glitters are gorgeous and their neons are actually neon. As far as formula, out of all the bottles that I own (est 120-150) only a small handful aren't all that fantastic. Even with the poor formulas on these select few their color pay off in the end is amazing (ex: Atlantis which chips off like crazy and Flip Flop Fantasy which is an easy three coater for me on a good day). They are also easily accessible (Sally's, Ulta, online) and affordable.

I figured I had to pull out the big guns for this post and reach for one of my favorite HTF China Glaze polishes, so I chose 2Nite from the OMG collection. 2Nite is a periwinkle blue with a strong linear holo finish. As with all holos, this one does chip easily so you can expect a chip or two within a day or so. For the photos below I used 2 coats of 2Nite and a coat of Seche Vite.

[WARNING : PIC HEAVY. For whatever reason, I'm unable to resize anything after the first pic. Enjoy!]








This polish is la la lovely! I had such a hard time picking a favorite since there are so many fantastic brands available and I thought about doing a skittle mani with all different brands lol. In the end, I went with my gut and picked China Glaze.

Don't forget to check out my Twinsies!

14 comments:

  1. I love that last photo with the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this polish is a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! OMG that last photo is so beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that last picture!! katherine!! your photos put me to shame. this is a gorgeous polish (i envy anyone who owns cg's from the omg collection)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! It looks gorgeous. China Glaze is one of my favorite brands too, but I don´t have this polish, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gads...seems these Twin Tues are coming fast and furious - time is ticking by me so fast! I am with you on CG being a top company I look to - that and OPI. I look forward to seeing what their next collections will have - though have seen the fall collection from CG and almost as disappointing with it as I was with last fall from CG. But I have more than 1500 bottles now (not counting dupes) and I am getting super picky due to lack of space. I was lucky to have collected all the OMG's before they got impossible to find on a few of them and a # you can find are up into the $40 range...my fav is the green mint DV8 L8R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love 2Nite, I love it on you, and I love your hydrangea pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *drool* This is soooo gorgeous! It looks really pretty with your hydrangea too--my parents have several white hydrangea in front of our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this polish is gorgeous and LOVE that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Gorgeous!!! I picked China Glaze too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am officially in love with this polish!

    ReplyDelete