Monday, January 16, 2012

Zoya Crystal

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. One of my favorite things ever is squashing a long time lemming with a more available and less expensive polish. I had been lemming OPI's Reflecting Pool which was a UK exclusive for quite some time. I had gone back and fourth with the thought of purchasing it on Ebay, but I gave myself three options (1. OPI Rainforest, 2. Reflecting Pool, 3. Mad as a Hatter) and chose another polish instead (MAAH). Reflecting Pool goes for just under $40 on Ebay. While browsing some blogs one night I came across a photo that I could have sworn was Reflecting Pool....but was stunned to find out it was Z-O-Y-A! I did multiple Google searches and Zoya Crystal is a dead on dupe for OPI Reflecting Pool. $8.00 vs $40.00? Score! I picked this one up with my December haul and I am really pleased with it.

Zoya Crystal is a light blue metallic with small pieces of round, gold glitter. Together, the colors really work. I'm as happy as I expected and this is one and I recommend it to anyone who likes blues, foils, or gold glitter accents lol. Formula was super easy to work with and it was opaque in 2 coats.

The photos below show 2 coats of Zoya Crystal and a coat of Seche Vite.


10 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the tip
    I'm diying to find reflecting pool

    Now, i just have to find this one
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tytynette! This one is definitely easier to locate!

      Delete
  2. Hauly, that looks gorgeous on you and I'm a big fan of Crystal. I didn't even know about the existence of Reflecting Pool, but this polish is so pretty.

    tytynette, Crystal is available on Zoya.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jammies!! All of your Zoya posts rubbed off on me, I'm a Zoya girl now lol ;)

      Delete
  3. So pretty!!!! I don't know if this will help in the future, but I have a Dupe Alerts tab and I had this dupe listed (http://amandalandish.blogspot.com/p/dupe-list.html). I hope this saves you some heartache and moolah in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm definitely aware of your dupe page, it's saved me some bucks before. I was contemplating this one a few months back and found it, it was just getting to ordering it. I hate paying shipping & handling lol

      Delete
  4. great polish! i was so happy this when this came out that it's a dupe for a HTF polish:]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I agree. I don't know why they don't re-release HTF polishes. I wish I could forward someone a list of everything that needs to be duplicated lol

      Delete
  5. hellow!

    Gorgeous nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Happy day!!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete