Monday, October 29, 2012

HITS - Afrodite

Hello all! Happy Monday! My job let me out today about two hours after I had gotten there due to Hurricane Sandy beginning to make her impact on Long Island. I hope all of my fellow North Easterners stay safe today! The rain has been steady since I woke up this morning, but it hasn't begun to seriously downpour yet. The wind is really something else; it kept me awake much of last night and driving home I did no more than 60 on the highway as I felt like my car was going to be blown off the road. We already have some medium sized branches in my backyard that have come down. 

Anyhow, today I have Afrodite from the HITS No Olimpo collection. Afrodite is a muted rose-pink  holographic polish. At times the base color of this looks a bit peachy on my skin tone. The holo isn't as strong in Afrodite as it is in some of the other polishes from the No Olimpo collection, but it's still pretty. The formula was a bit strange. It reminded me of a thickened jelly polish and it applied so thick that I wasn't sure it was going to dry correctly. It did dry, much quicker than I thought and super shiny and as smooth as glass. It was opaque in two coats and I topped it off with Seche Vite...

Sorry for the tip wear!

 
 
So I'm home and trying to think of things to do to keep myself busy. I did three loads of laundry last night thinking that we may lose power and I would be out of luck (the power has dipped twice so far but has come right back on). I'm sitting on the Sephora website adding things to my cart at a rapid rate, so I decided I would start depotting some of my makeup since I ordered magnetic palettes from Make Up For Ever yesterday. I haven't purchased any nail polish in a while that's a lie, in the last few weeks - all of my money has gone to makeup.
 
Here's my progress so far:
 


I depotted them using the heat from my hair straightener, parchment paper and sharp knives. I slightly murdered two blushes (a brand new one which I couldn't even depot) and have already burned and sliced my finger. 

Anyway, thanks for reading through this rambling post. I hope everyone stays safe! I wish I could let all of the animals outside into my garage so they could stay safe, it makes me so sad to think about them being outside :(
If you are in areas other than the NE, enjoy your Monday! ;)

5 comments:

  1. This color is gorgeous! Now I think I might have to add it to my collection....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh love this pink holo!! Gorgeous. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This polish is gorgeous! Please try to be careful while depotting, it sounds so dangerous :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, I'm your 500th Google follower! Lovely holo!! *Drool*

    ReplyDelete