Monday, February 20, 2012

Icing Tigers Blood

Good morning everyone, happy President's Day! I hope those of you that are off today enjoy your day. To those of you that are working, I feel your pain LOL. Super quick post for today, because I'm writing this up on Sunday night and I'm having the worst nail day. I broke another nail on my good swatching hand (my other is beat up, haha), I swatched a blue polish that caused major staining, and I'm now on my third mani since 10pm and it's only midnight. I hated the blue polish I swatched, tried to use my new magnetic polish but my brush was completely wonky and connected at the bottom bristles, and I just smudged my thumb on my third mani. Does anyone else hate days like this??  :::throws in the towel:::  Sorry for the rant.

Anyways, super quick post tonight on Icing's Tiger's Blood. I picked this one up due to the fact that it's a dupe for Cult Nails Captivated. I missed out on Captivated and was beyond thrilled when I found out this was a dupe. It's super pretty in person, but leans a little more orange than I expected. The formula was decent, but as you can tell I could have used another coat. I used 2 coats and it looked good IRL, but once under my lighting and in the photos you can see bald spots.  :0(




I hope everyone enjoys their day and I'll be back tomorrow for another Twinsie Tuesday post!

7 comments:

  1. Funny, I just bought this one today! I've wanted it for the fact that it's a dupe. The brush in my bottle is completely disconnected from the cap which sucks, but I'll fix it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about timing! LOL. You'll enjoy it!! I've had that issue with a couple of my other Icing polishes. I usually just twist everything back together and it's good to go for a while.

      Delete
  2. captivated is one of my favorite layering polishes!!:] I love this by itself, too, it's so pretty and springy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It makes me want summer! I want to see how this will work as a pedi :)

      Delete
  3. Oh this is so gorgeous! Maria said they'd be bringing back Captivated around March so I'm holding out for that seeing as I can't get Icing in NZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I didn't even realize they were bringing it back, thanks for the heads up. I wonder if I need to order it still....I could always use a back up :)

      Delete