Monday, February 27, 2012

A England Bridal Veil and my new kitten!

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I picked up my new kitten on Saturday morning, so I spent a good portion of the weekend with him (photos at the bottom, after the polish lol). It's super cold again in NY. The beginning of last week was fantastic with days at almost 60 degrees, and now it's super chilly in the 30s and 40s again. Boo!

Today I have another A England from The Legends collection for you. This one is Bridal Veil. Bridal Veil is a black holographic polish. The holo in this is scattered and very subtle. The holographic effect is present mainly in direct sunlight, otherwise this looks like a shimmer polish. The shimmer at times has a color shift between an olive green and gold, but I was unable to capture that on camera. Formula was very easy to work with, just like every other A England I've ever tried. I'm not going to lie....I was a little disappointed in the holographic effect of this. I was hoping for a black *stong* holo to fill my void, but nonetheless it's still pretty. 

The photos below show 2 coats of A England Bridal Veil and a coat of Seche Vite.





What do you think of Bridal Veil??

Now, on to my new addition <3

Here's my new kitten the first time I met him, around 4 weeks old:

Second from the bottom  (my bestie is wearing A England Tristam....good taste! lol)
At that time and up until Saturday morning, we thought *he* was a *she*. I had spent the last 2 weeks coming up with amazing girl names and now I'm at a loss. I wasn't sure which kitten I would come home with on Saturday, but from the get-go my boyfriend thought this little guy was the cutest.

My new addition this weekend, at 8 weeks old:


He hates the flash  (can't blame him). We also had to take the legs off my boyfriend's couch (orange Ikea couch lol) because my little guy somehow got into the bottom of it and wouldn't come out. It took us about an hour, and we had to remove the lining from the bottom of the couch.
So gorgeous!!!
 


I've never had a cat before and in approximately 30 minutes I was head over heels in love. He's funny and more affectionate than I would have ever imagined. He's SO good too (with the exception of his love for electrical wires, which we spent hours kitty proofing). We left him to go to shopping for about 4 hours, and when we came home he was in the same exact spot we left him. My boyfriend told me 'no' to a kitten for months, and he's even really into this little guy. He won't even give him tap water, he's a Poland Spring kitty lol. I've been with my boyfriend for 8.5 years and I kept saying how the only thing I've ever asked for was pets. I've had some insane requests as far as pets go (a raccoon, beaver, fennec fox, etc) but at 26 years old I don't have the engagement, wedding or baby "itch". I just want some furry friends, so he kindly obliged. He will be living with my boyfriend, since my pomeranian has Addison's disease and I don't want to stress him out and make him sick. I got my new love through my best friend's little sister. Her boyfriend's cat had a litter of 4 and the timing was perfect.

We haven't named him yet, because we aren't 100% sure it's a boy since we originally thought he was a girl. *He* has a vet visit on Tuesday night so we'll find out for sure and pick a name. Naming him has been really hard lol. So far we've come up with Rex, Reggie, Toby, Gus, Tito (which we decided against) and Austin. I'll let everyone know what we decide. I'm completely open to suggestions!!

Also, over the weekend I hit *400* GFC followers. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my blog and comment. I haven't been on as much lately, and I haven't been able to comment on everyone's blog posts as much as I want (I still read posts, but the captcha things make the internet on my phone reset every single time). I'm happy to be here and to have made the friends I have along the way.

I've been battling the idea of a 400 follower giveaway. I have mixed feelings about giveaways. While I think they are great for the people who read my blog, I hate the idea of people joining just to get a chance to get free stuff and never even taking a moment to look at my blog. I hate to sound like an ungrateful bitch, and I hope people understand. I will have a giveaway once I reach 500 followers, as I feel that will be an appropriate milestone for a celebration.

Thank you again, to my 400 polish obsessed readers!  :0)

~Katherine @ HaulofFame

* * * Kitty update as of 2/29 - turns out my little boy is now a little girl again, so she is still without a name lol * * *

19 comments:

  1. Your new kitty is sooo cute! If it's a boy you could name him tristam ;). Shame about the polish not filling your void but it's still looks lush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your kitty! He's unbelievably adorable. Many happy years ahead for you three - four counting the dog. :)

    And I agree about Bridal Veil. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The kitten and the dog met twice already - I will have great years ahead with them separated for sure LOL

      Delete
  3. Adorable!!! I love kitties!! The polish is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm converted from an all dog lover :)

      Delete
  4. What a cutie he is! The polish is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridal Veil looks lovely on you, and your new kitty is adorable. Boy or girl, I'd say a polish name is in order! Zoya for a girl, Orly for a boy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Turns out she is a girl, now to convince the bf to name her Zoya lol

      Delete
  6. Can you get a litter mate for you kitty? They really do much better with 2. They will entertain eachother and are fun to watch!

    I love the color of Bridal Veil, a nice take on a dark polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a litter mate for my little one, I'm trying to convince the bf to take one of her siblings.

      Delete
  7. I'm more of a dog person myself (shout out to Milo!), but your kitten is a cutie. Is deference to the original a-england, what about Tristam as a name? Or is that a bit too Gilmore Girls reference-y?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a dog person too, but I've been converted. I think I'm 1/2 and 1/2 so far. Milo high fives you for the shout out LOL :)

      Delete
    2. Oops, hit 'publish' too soon. I never actually watched Gilmore Girls, so I didn't even pick up on the reference :)

      Delete
  8. I was beaten to the punch. I was also going to suggest Tristam as a name. Cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Turns out *he* is a *she* so Tristam is out the door haha

      Delete
  9. Such a cute kitty!!!! I love kittens! Flip him over and look to see if he's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete