Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A England Princess Sabra (Tristam Eyes) and a Comparison Swatch

Hey ladies! I have another fabulous polish from the land of Llarowe. Llarowe brings the most magnificent international polishes to us US girls again and again. When the A England The Legends collection went up for sale last week I had to grab them all, right away. I was shocked to find how quickly they sold out. I had a hard time choosing which to swatch first. Do I save the best for last, or start with the one that speaks to me the most and work my way down? They are all amazing and I couldn't chose, so I decided to mix them up based on color.

Princess Sabra (Tristam Eyes) is one of the polishes that completely caught me off guard. I'm not a fan of gold polish, but the olive undertones in this made this one of my top lemmings. The holo in this is present both indoors and outdoors. Formula was amazing and easy to work with. It was completely opaque in two coats and dried smooth as glass. This polish reminded me of something antique, or something I would find in a treasure chest at the bottom of the sea (lol)

Enough yapping for now.... (3 indoor, 1 outdoor photo)






A quick comparison for you guys as well. Before I got this in the mail I thought it would be similar to China Glaze GR8 or FYI from their discontinued OMG collection. I knew the holo in A England wasn't linear, but I figured the base color would be similar. I was completely wrong! lol.

First a bottle shot:


And now swatched on the nail:


From pointer to pinky:
China Glaze FYI, A England Princess Sabra, China Glaze GR8, A England Princess Sabra.

Completely different! The green undertone in Princess Sabra (Tristam Eyes) is prominent. So even if you own FYI or GR8, you need this one. While the formula on the China Glaze polishes is fine, I definitely prefer the smooth, glass-like finish of the A-England. Even without a top coat every A England I have tried dries with a shine.

I was trying to wait until my nubbins grew out to swatch these, but I couldn't wait. I plan on doing a comparison shot for each one from the collection, so stay tuned! Once again, you can pick these A Englands up from Llarowe for $12.00 each. The bottle size is slightly smaller, at 4 fl oz. As far as pricing goes they are a little more than some other polishes, but worth it. (Shipping within the US is also free with orders over $50). They will also be available on the A England website with free worldwide shipping.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I really love all the other a-englands from this newest collection, but I can't wrap my head around this one. But everyone keeps raving about it so maybe I need my eyes checked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really adore this, i kept putting it in my shopping cart then chickening out:/ when I have some money to spare, it's going into my grabby hands;]

    ReplyDelete