Friday, December 14, 2012

China Glaze - Cowgirl Up

Good morning! Happy Friday to each of you. 5:30pm today will begin my four day weekend...woohoo! I expected to have to go into work on Monday, but instead of a Christmas party my job gave us off on Christmas Eve which totally works for me!

Today I have a polish that I'm not too crazy about. It's Cowgirl Up, from the Rodeo Collection by China Glaze. I thought this looked stunning in the bottle, but once on the nail I wasn't very impressed. It's a very dark magenta/purple. The color is very me, but I'm not a fan of the finish which is frosty. When in direct sunlight and bright lighting, there are little blue flecks which you can  almost see in the photos below. These flecks aren't apparent in normal lighting, and the polish looks much more frosty. The formula was good and I only needed two coats to get it opaque. I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite.

I apologize in advance for the funky ring finger. I have a break that is very far up and I tried to patch it - which you can tell is a complete fail. I also have a bit of tip wear, I haven't been good about taking my photos right away lately....



I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree - good move on the co part to give Christmas Eve off in lie of a party...esp with Xmas eve this yr on a Monday and Xmas on Tues - tons of folks are going to want/need Monday off to take advantage of Sat/Sun/Mon/Tue holiday time...that is for those who don't work on holiday like I always had to working in the hospital - we never close! Cowgirl up is always been a great shade - that collection has a # of em that I really like a lot. When it came out we did not have any Sally's or any retail at all that carried ChG. They went into retail hiding around mid 90's in my area. I got the ones I have in this collection late on the secondary market and only thanks to blogs featuring older polishes. So please always show older polishes. There are so many good ones out there that folks can still find on the secondary market and some in etailers still. Now we do have a Sally's within a day's driving distance of my home. I get frustrated with them because they get like maybe 4 bottles of each shade in a new collection and they won't put them aside if you call ahead. I would like to see ChG market expand to selling more places. We don't have dept stores, we don't have Ulta, Sephora where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely color! I missed out on this collection!

    ReplyDelete